- 5 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dry your chicken wings thoroughly on all sides with a paper towel. Place them in a zip top bag.
- Add the baking powder and salt to the wings, close the bag, and toss to coat evenly.
- Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees F using your favorite wood. Place the wings directly on the grill grates, close the lid, and smoke for 30 minutes.
- Increase the heat in your smoker to 425 degrees until the internal temperature of the wing reads 175 degrees F. You can rotate or flip the wings as needed to maintain even cooking and avoid any hot spots on the grill.
- Remove the wing from the grill and serve. You can serve plain, toss in your favorite BBQ seasoning, or hot sauce.